We know, terms and policies can be boring. Still, to avoid unnecessary surprises, we recommend that you read through these guidelines before scheduling a tutoring session. Have any questions? Let us know.
Tutoring sessions are scheduled for dates agreed upon by both the student and the tutor. All sessions are subject to the following terms:
- Tutoring sessions can be scheduled for 1-2 hour blocks. Longer sessions may be scheduled on a case by case basis.
- Tutoring locations must be designated in advance of the session. A small fee may be imposed for excessive distance from the tutor’s preferred locations.
- Payment is required before the beginning of a session.
- Payment is accepted in the form of cash, check made payable to Class Coach Tutoring, or credit card via PayPal (see options at the footer of this page).
- CCT reserves the right to deny tutoring services for any reason. Refunds will be issued if necessary.
Cancelling, Rescheduling, and Showing Up Late:
- Students may cancel or reschedule a session with at least 24 hours notice.
- If a student does not show up to a session, the tutor will remain at the location for 30 minutes before leaving.
- If a student arrives late to a session or does not arrive at all, they will still be charged the full price of the session.
- In case of an emergency or illness that results in the tutors failure to complete a session, CCT will issue a full refund for that specific session.
Please note: If you are unable to attend a session for any reason, notify your tutor directly as soon as possible.
Group tutoring sessions may be scheduled by request. They are subject to the following terms:
- Groups can be no smaller than two and no greater than five students.
- Study groups must be preexisting. CCT does not currently organize study groups.
- A group leader must be selected to handle payments and scheduling. All fees will be billed to the group leader.
- The group leader will be charged for all expected students in the group, even if they do not all show up to a session.
- The group leader may change the amount of students expected to attend a session at least 24 hours in advance.
- The group leader is responsible for securing the group meeting location.
- The fee for a session will be no less than $30, even if the number of students in a group drops to one.
- The Grade Increase Guarantee does not apply to group sessions.
Our free tutoring referral program is subject to these guidelines:
- The referrer must have paid for at least one session from CCT in the past.
- The new student must never have participated in or paid for a session from CCT before.
- The new student is immediately eligible for an hour of free tutoring.
- Once the new student pays for their first session of tutoring, the referrer is eligible to receive an hour of free tutoring.
Grade Increase Guarantee
Purchasing the guaranteed grade increase begins an 8-week long program. The period begins at the start of the first scheduled tutoring session and ends at the completion of the final tutoring session eight weeks later. The Grade Increase Guarantee is subject to the following terms and restrictions:
Money Back Guarantee and Void Clause:
- All of the student’s assignments during the final four weeks of tutoring will average to at least 10 percentage points greater than the student’s grade prior to beginning tutoring (e.g. if the current grade is 60%, the grade increase will bring the grade to at least 70%). If there is no grade increase, the student will be refunded $750.00.
- The student must demonstrate hard work and a willingness to learn. If not, the contract may be terminated at the tutor’s discretion at the end of the first four weeks. If the contracts is terminated, a refund of $375.00 will be issued.
- If the student is dissatisfied with the tutoring experience, he or she may terminate the contract at the end of four weeks. The student will be refunded $375.00.
- If the student violates the terms of the contract (e.g. being absent to class multiple times), the contract is not terminated. Instead, the tutoring is to be completed. The student will not be refunded regardless of grade increase.
Tutoring Session Conditions:
- The student must meet with the tutor for three hours (2-3 different sessions) per week, for a total of 24 hours during the program. Additional tutoring will be charged separately.
- Tutoring sessions must follow a consistent weekly schedule as agreed upon by the student and tutor.
- Up to five hours of tutoring sessions may be rescheduled if 24 hour notice is given.
- The student may choose to skip one tutoring session with proper notification to their tutor. All other sessions must be rescheduled if special circumstances arise.
- All tutoring sessions that are part of the Grade Increase Guarantee follow the same rules and restrictions as other tutoring sessions.
- The student’s current grade must be below 87% to qualify for the Grade Increase Guarantee program.
- All homework and assignments must be completed and turned in on time, and all classes must be attended.
- One class may be skipped for a sick day.
- The tutor must be able to contact the teacher both at the beginning and the end of the eight weeks. This is to check that the student’s requirements have been fulfilled.
- All homework assigned by the tutor must be completed.